This Sunday we are returning to Pearse Street to meet together after three months apart.
Please read this note carefully as it contains some important instructions.
Note carefully that THE SERVICES TIMES HAVE CHANGED. The first service is at 10.30 and is ONLY for adults without families. The second service, which is ONLY for families with children, is at 12.00.
We are currently limiting attendance to 50 people. We believe we may be able to increase this in August.
For this reason, you must tell us whether you are coming, and to which service. In the event of there not being enough room to accommodate everybody at a service, we will prioritise places in this order:
- Those leading and providing technical services
- Volunteers for stewarding and cleaning
- Those who are unable to view services on-line for whatever reason
- Those who have let us know they are planning to come
We cannot guarantee a place for those who come unannounced, and even those in group (4) above are not guaranteed a place. If you tell us you want to come and there is no place, we will contact you in advance to let you know, and we will book you in for the following week.
Here is how you can let us know whether you are coming:
- Go to the Grace website (www.grace.ie)
- Navigate to the page called “Tell us you are coming”
- Select the correct date and service time
- Fill in the rest of the form
- Press “send”
Alternatively hit this link to take you straight there.
You will then get an email from us telling you whether we can accommodate you.
And just to remind you …
- If you or any member of your family is displaying Covid-like symptoms (new, persistent cough, a fever or loss of smell) you should NOT come. Stay at home and arrange to be tested.
- Be aware that current Government advice is that those who are cocooning should continue to do so. That’s those over 70 and in vulnerable categories due to an underlying medical condition. If you fall into these categories, please consider whether you should come.
If you are coming to the service, you need to know FOUR IMPORTANT THINGS:
- As of now, we are saying that you must wear a mask at the service unless there are medical reasons why you cannot. Children under 13 need not wear one. Go out and get yourself a face covering and come with it. It does not have to be a medical grade mask. Just a face covering. Don’t just show up and expect us to provide one. There is a strong recommendation from Government to wear masks at church services and we are erring on the side of caution.
- Bring your own pen to sign in as we’ll need your details for contact tracing. We will be taking photos during the service to have a record of who was sitting where. You’ll need water as there is no drinking water currently available in the church.
- Maintain two metres social distance. This applies when you are moving around, when you are queuing to sign in and of course when you are seated. Please follow the directions of the stewards who will show you to your seats. And don’t sit on any of the seats that have a sign saying ‘don’t sit here’.
- We are really sorry, but don’t stand around and talk to others before or after the service, either inside the building or outside. That is going to be very hard but the stark truth is that there is just not room to facilitate safe movement and accommodate clumps of people standing around. If the weather is good, we’ll go to Merrion Square after the service, where there will be lots of time and lots of space.
There is just one thing to do after you have left. If you are feeling sick with Covid like symptoms, please let us know. That’s really important.